Metro County Connect provides shared ride origin-to-destination service. For most riders this service will be curb-to-curb.
Passengers should be at the curb within sight of the vehicle while awaiting pick-up. If the passenger is not present upon arrival, drivers will attempt to locate the passenger at the pick-up location. If the passenger cannot be located, the driver will wait five minutes past the scheduled pick-up time. If the passenger is not present by that time, the driver will leave and the passenger will be charged with a no show.
Metro County Connect riders who are certified as door-to-door eligible and need additional assistance due to their disability can request door-to-door service.
Drivers will assist door-to-door certified passengers from the first entry door of the passenger's pick-up address into the vehicle and from the vehicle to the first entry door of the passenger's destination address when requested. This assistance can include support when walking or pushing a wheelchair.
To receive origin-to-destination service, the following conditions must be met:
- The passenger must be certified with Metro County Connect as door-to-door eligible.
- The driver must be able to maintain sight of the vehicle at all times.
- There must be a safe and accessible path of travel from the vehicle to the entry door.
- There must be a safe place to park on a public roadway, public parking lot or residential driveway.
- The parked vehicle must not block or impede traffic.
If any of the above conditions are not met, the location is considered non-serviceable for door-to-door service and the driver will render curb-to-curb service. There may be additional locations or situations where the driver cannot leave the vehicle and will render curb-to-curb service. Drivers will always assist passengers on and off the vehicle.
Drivers are not allowed to:
- Drive vehicles in unsafe driveways or roadways.
- Enter a passenger's private residence.
- Go beyond the entry door of a building to assist or locate a passenger.
- Wait for an attendant to receive a passenger at their destination.
- Carry packages or grocery bags.
- Handle a service animal.
- Operate a passenger's power mobility device.
If passengers require additional assistance they can be certified to travel with a personal care attendant (PCA) at no additional charge.
Passengers who require door-to-door service should request this service when scheduling their ride. If assistance is required on a regular basis, passengers should notify the scheduler.