Local Advisory Committee
The Local Advisory Committee (LAC) is a subcommittee of the Transit Authority Board of Directors. The LAC serves under the control of the Board and advises the Board in areas relating to the planning, delivery, and operation of demand/response paratransit services provided by the Kalamazoo Metro Transit System pursuant to the federal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
Membership on the LAC is through appointment by the Transit Authority Board of Directors. Composition of the LAC is as follows:
- 4 members representing the disabled community
- 3 members representing the senior community
- 1 member representing rural Kalamazoo County
- 6 members representing the jurisdictions served by Kalamazoo Metro Transit fixed-route services - the City of Kalamazoo, City of Portage, Comstock Township, Kalamazoo Township, Oshtemo Township and City of Parchment
- 1 liaison from the Transit Authority Board (non-voting member)
Regular meetings of the LAC are held on the third Wednesday of every other month beginning in January at 2:30 p.m. in the Metro Transit conference room, 530 N. Rose Street, Kalamazoo, MI. Meetings of the LAC are open to the public, with notice of meetings made at regular meetings of the Kalamazoo City Commission, in accordance with law.
Special meetings are held as necessary, with written notice to LAC members at least 24 hours in advance, and notice of the meeting posted 18 hours in advance in accord with public meeting notice requirements.